new Things I Ate in Cambodia: to sacramento i depart

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

to sacramento i depart

Off to Sacramento tomorrow for a week of much needed relaxation and (of course) tasty food. I am very happy about this. I may live in New Orleans but I also happen to be rather poor, which makes it difficult to actually eat at all those Iconic Restaurants. (Except when I am participating in Literary Events. Then things get a whole lot easier.)

So here's some interesting food related stuff I've encountered on the Internets...

Deep fried guacamole balls. I think these could actually be tasty in a completely wrong-wrong-wrong way. Maybe if the creamy texture of the guacamole is artfully PRESERVED within the crispy coating? You tell me.

The dramatic rise and fall of Iceland's pizza trailblazer. I honestly had no idea that Icelanders were so batty for pizza. I tend to envision the inhabitants of Iceland sitting around outside their modern, Ikea designed houses and eating preserved shark or something. This makes my head hurt.

Meen Pollichathu. Possibly my favorite Southern Indian dish, I miss meen pollichathu like wow. I wonder if there's a good source for it anywhere in the Bay Area or if I am going to have to suck it up and make my own. I miss Kerala food in general. If anyone wants to start a Kerala food trend I would be totally understanding.

No comments: