new Things I Ate in Cambodia: Food Frippery: 9/29/2009

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Food Frippery: 9/29/2009

Quick food links and other food-related fun on the internet.



A Field Guide to Cheeseburgers from A Hamburger Today.

I love this field guide format to food. Hopefully someone will release a parody of one of those earnest bird watching books geared to greasy roadfood soon. This is a decent overview of burgers, though it needs more world specimens. Such as those beasts with egg and beets from New Zealand. What the hell is that?

Jagerdoodle Cookies

Cookies made with Jagermeister and cinnamon. I have never heard of anything more awesome. Well, okay, maybe one or two things, but definitely not in the "cookies made with skunky-ass but oddly compelling liquor". Seriously.

Fried Chicken Ice Cream

Fried chicken ice cream, flavored with chicken bones and skin. I always wished that more was done with savory ice cream, and this American hero has answered the call. (Beef Wellington Slow Churned ice cream? Cold Stone's Thanksgiving Special with sage stuffing? The possibilities are dazzling!)

Dungeons and Dragons Themed Jones Soda


Not much to say here other then that I am always happy to see another way for nerds to get essential calories into their bodies. Especially if they are purple and fizzy.

Food and Literature Symposium at the Southern Food and Beverage Museum


I'm definitely going to be blogging this up with my student pass. Anyone else in the food blog world attending? It sounds like a fantastic event.

What Does Human Flesh Taste Like? - The Lay Scientist


Aw c'mon, you know you were always just a teeny tiny bit curious.

I am currently putting up a whole bunch of content at my new retro food blog. I'm going through the Nadine Vorhoff library's extensive food and cookbook archives and picking out the good, interesting, and just plain weird stuff to show to the Internet. Will be linking soon.

- F.G

1 comment:

Lyn said...

I give you the Aussie Burger at Hungry Jacks (Burger King)
http://www.hungryjacks.com.au/menu_aussie_burger

So you can just come visit me and skip that whole New Zealand trip.

Cheers mate!