new Things I Ate in Cambodia: Chill Out Cafe: Pad Thai And Bacon Anyone?

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Chill Out Cafe: Pad Thai And Bacon Anyone?



The Chill Out Cafe is on Maple Street, Tulane's mildly to moderately infamous college Avenue of Sin. It's not really quite that bad but it is a street with a startlingly high proportion of emptied Mad Dog 20/20 and Olde English malt liquor cans to rowdy frat boys take of that what you will. There are also many bars with very lax carding policies, meaning you are 100 percent guranteed to encounter piss drunk freshmen any given night of the week. Again, you may not actually want this to occur.

The cafe has a slightly bizarre menu of "Asian fusion" cuisine and breakfast specialities, served all day. This means you can get pad thai with a side of bacon, which really DOES strike me as killer fusion cuisine. There's standard Thai stir-fries, lots of noodle dishes, Chinese dim sum bites, spring rolls, and a good mishmash of other specialities - along with waffles, omlettes, and Thai iced tea, of course. I can dig it.



I decided to go with one of my usual favorite, a Thai seafood salad. The dish came out quickly enough and was pretty tasty: a good chili lime flavor and lots of interesting sea creatures to mull over. My only complaint is small portion size: for ten bucks, I want some more seafood, dammit. (And this IS a college-centric street, and what are we college students known for if not inhaling giant amounts of calories on a regular basis. While drinking malt liquor.)

I'll be back to try some more dishes in the near future. I'm always big on supporting adorable Asian restaurants with weird concepts, especially if the food is good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good evening ppl. I'm really into shoes and I have been digging as far as something that meticulous model. The prices for the sneakers are around 190 pounds on every page. But for all I base this locate selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase those. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

hello people. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been searching for the sake of that meticulous brand. The prices as regards the velcros are approximately 180 bucks everwhere. But finally I set this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably order them. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

hi people. I'm honestly into shoes and I was searching for that singular make. The prices due to the fact that the boots were all over 310 pounds on every site. But completely I set this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I in reality want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy those. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good evening bros. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching as far as something that exact model. The prices seeking the sneakers were all over 200 dollars on every site. But definitively I set this site selling them for half price. I in reality like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy them. what do you think?