new Things I Ate in Cambodia: More Thoughts

Monday, October 13, 2008

More Thoughts

Thoughts Of Late



- I have taken a job as the Research Assistant/Staff Girl Geek with Tulane's Newcomb Women's Center. We're launching the Sophielab, which will be a computer lab focused on women in participatory media: think Facebook, LJ, websites, and yes, blogging. Needless to say getting paid to perform Google-fu and geek out is beyond awesome, and could even lead to some neat stuff for my resume. Score.

- Facebook appears to think that I 1. live in India and 2. am in the market for fashion-forward abayas, jilbabs, and modest skirts. Facebook also appears to think I am overweight and depressed and have a thing for Tracy Morgan (like really.) Facebook does not know me all that well.

- I've been cooking a LOT lately which has been hurting my blog posting but augmenting my, uh, personal skills? That sounds dirty. Anyway, I have:

roasted Indian style chicken with a yogurt marinade
mastered the dark art of oven BBQ chicken
made oven tandoori gobi (cauliflower)
rocked thai red curry shrimp heads on and everything
salmon teriyaki stir-fry = win
made yummy steak chipotle chili


Among other things. I am pleased with myself. I'm almost at the point where I would not be too mortified to allow people outside my immediate family to eat my food. Almost.

- The weather here in NOLA has been drop-dead gorgeous of late. Nice and cool with a slight breeze. I enjoy checking the weather forecast in Great Barrington and cackling with glee when I find it is under 40. Oh snap.

- Missing California Asian food. Boo. On the other hand, Louisiana Creole food happens to be delicious. So there is your tradeoff.

No comments: