new Things I Ate in Cambodia: no never

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

no never




I'm reading M.F.K Fisher lately. For those who haven't heard of her, she's the closest to a modern Brillat-Savarin that we have. Her books are extremely beautifully written and dripping with a true and romantic passion for food; she doesn't just LIKE food, she is in love with it. The recipes included in the books are especially wonderful because they are so vintage and therefore so appealing. I couldn't find a picture of the vintage cover art on my ancient compliation of her books, but it is wonderful stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shoes to Fill
The latest chatter in cyberspace. Shoes To Fill By David Wallace-Wells Posted Tuesday, Sept ... At Captain's Quarter's, Minnesota conservative Ed Morrissey calls the announcement "a bold but strategically sound move," which should ensure an easy confirmation.
If you sell anything on the internet please visit my site; email autoresponder software I'm sure you will find it very useful.

Anonymous said...

Blog, Blog, Blog!...
A new idea is taking off on the Internet, women are creating their own blogs on almost any topic -- relationship advice, dealing with teen years, and having a baby.

Neat! I really like what you're doing here...

When you have a spare moment you should come over to my cad drafting services site to see what's on in the cad drafting services world.

Keep up the great blogging!